FALMOUTH RECYCLING COMMITTEE
FALMOUTH PUBLIC WORKS
Wednesday, March 10, 2010 4:00 PM
Call to Order Committee members present and answering roll call:
Steve Hendry, John Henson, Bill McMahon
Non-Committee members present:
Ryann Stevens, Bonny Rodden
Item 1 Membership
- Committee members are encouraged to ask friends, or anyone they think might be interested, to serving on the committee.
Item 2 Recycling Committee Project
- Steven spoke with Missi at ecomaine about projects for the committee. They discussed two potential types of projects: projects to encourage residents who are not recycling to recycle; projects to get businesses to recycle.
- One example of a project to increase residential recycling is to have a booth promoting recycling at the polls in June (or November). Recycling bins could be sold (there are still plenty).
- Given our current rate of residential recycling, the committee decided to take on getting businesses to recycle. State law requires that businesses of a certain size (more than 10-15 employees?) recycle.
- Missi will be attending the April meeting to help get us started. Please bring ideas of businesses we can help. We will try to get lists of businesses in town for a mailing.
- Bill will follow up with the library on what they do for recycling.
Item 3 Topics for Next Meeting
- Missi will attend to help us get started on business recycling.
Item 4 Next Meeting Date
- The next meeting will be held Wednesday, April 14, 2010 at 4:30 PM at Public Works. Bring a friend.
Item 5 Adjournment
- The meeting was adjourned after 6:00 PM.
Secretary, Falmouth Recycling Committee