FALMOUTH RECYCLING COMMITTEE
FALMOUTH PUBLIC WORKS
Wednesday, January 13, 2010 4:00 PM
Call to Order Commitee members present and answering roll call:
Sally Bitan, Steve Hendry, John Henson, Bill McMahon
Non-Committee members present:
Jay Reynolds, Bonny Rodden
Item 1 Town Budget Challenge - All
- The Town will be receiving less of its operating budget from the state and must decide what to do about the gap. There was much ad hoc about this topic.
- The Committee is concerned about the perception that curbside recycling, and other eco-friendly services, may be targeted during cost cutting.
- The Committee discussed ideas that could affect the costs and/or revenues from items within the committee's scope.
*Cost charged for pay-as-you-throw trash bags
*Fees charged at teh transfer station (recently revised)
*Transfer station hours
*Curbside trash collection
*Curbside recyclables collection
- The Town will be holding an online survey of residents to collect their thoughts on priorities for the budget.
Item 2 Topics for Next Meeting
- Committee's recommendation/reaction to proposals from the Town Council.
Item 3 Next Meeting Date
- The next meeting will be held Wednesday, February 10, 2010 at Public Works
Item 4 Adjournment
- The meeting was adjourned after 6:00 PM.
Secretary, Falmouth Recycling Committee