Falmouth Recycling and Energy Advisory Committee (REAC)
February 7, 2013
- Storm Windows Workshop Postponed until Sat. March 9th
- Warm House Party is still ON for this Monday, February 11th
POSTPONED until saturday March 9, 1 â€“ 4 PM
Window Inserts Workshop:
Saturday February 9th
Foreside Community Church, 340 Foreside Rd., Falmouth
Drafty windows? Thermal window inserts cut the draft and provide an extra layer of insulation -- inside your window. Simple, and reusable year after year. Come make your own! Instruction and materials provided, no experience necessary. Cost is $2 per square foot, about $20 for an average window, subsidies available. Bring the interior measurements of your windows. Questions? Call 781-5880. Hope to see you there!
Join us at our second â€śWarm Houseâ€ť Party on Monday!
Monday, February 11, 2013 â€“ 8 Beechwood Lane â€“ 7 PM
REAC and homeowners are hosting â€śWarm Houseâ€ť Parties so homeowners can share with others their stories of making their homes cozier and more energy-efficient. Come meet fellow Falmouth resident, Andy Meyer, who has taken steps to make his home more comfortable, healthier and less dependent on fossil fuels! Heâ€™ll share his story and a heating professional or two will be on hand to answer your questions about energy improvements. Light refreshments will be served.
Some of his improvements include the following:
1) a conventional boiler converted to use biodiesel (cost ~$200)
2) $4,500 of weatherization modeled to save $500/year
3) a $2,750 heat pump that is 350% efficient, heats, air conditions, dehumidifies and is expected to save $500/year (Click here for an FAQs page about heat pump technology.)
4) free early release CMP smart meter software that tracks our electricity usage by month, day, or quarter hour