Skip Navigation
This table is used for column layout.
Welcome to the website for the Falmouth Police Department
Link for ResidentsLink for BusinessesLink for Online Services
Department Links

Town of Falmouth, Maine
271 Falmouth Road
Falmouth, ME 04105
(207) 781-5253

Frequently Asked Questions

How long will it take the police, fire or medical units to arrive?
Every call is prioritized and calls are handled according to priority and location. Unfortunately, a dispatcher is not able to provide you with the response time. Emergencies occur and sometimes responding units must be diverted to handle calls of higher priority. If the response time will be extremely delayed, the dispatcher will attempt to call you back to advise you of the delay and to obtain any updated information.

What number should I call?
Telephone lines in the Communications Center are recorded and tapes are held for six months. We have a dedicated line for TTY calls for emergency and non-emergencies. There are three emergency lines that automatically rollover if there is more than one calling being received into dispatch and there are two non-emergency lines.

REMEMBER in case of emergency dial 9-1-1 calls are answered by the City of Westbrook and transferred back to a Falmouth dispatcher.  Calling 9-1-1 also provides EMD (emergency medical dispatch) instructions.
(Includes TTY Emergencies)

Emergency for police 781-4242 Non-emergencies for police 781-2300

Non-emergencies for fire or medics 781-2610

TTY Non-Emergency 781-4154

Facsimile for police, fire and medics 781-3448

Where can I get my fingerprints taken?
The Falmouth Police Department will take fingerprints for Falmouth residents only  for employment purposes provided you have your own fingerprint card. Please make an appointment.

How do I find out if School has been canceled?
Please do NOT call the Falmouth Police Department to find out if school has been canceled. The Falmouth School Department will notify Television and Radio stations to air any delays or cancellations. The police department is busy with emergency calls such as accidents and vehicles off the roadway. By calling the police department with a non-emergency question you may be delaying or preventing someone in need from obtaining the proper assistance they require.

How do I report an emergency on the Maine Turnpike or Interstate?
If you witness an incident or accident or are in need of assistance while traveling on the Maine Turnpike or the Interstate please call the Maine State Police for assistance. They can be reached on your cellular phone by dialing 9-1-1. If you do not have a cellular phone in your vehicle and are able to drive to the nearest telephone please dial 1-800-482-0730.

Who do I call when I have a power outage in my neighborhood?
When you experience a power outage in your home, please contact Central Maine Power at 1-800-696-1000. The Falmouth Police Department is unable to provide assistance as to when the power will be restored.

How do I obtain a concealed weapons permit?
To obtain a concealed weapons permit, a Falmouth Resident may obtain a permit application and the laws relating to permits to carry concealed firearms from Falmouth Police Department communications center or administration office or they may click here for the laws relating to carrying concealed firearms. After reviewing the laws, click here for a copy of the concealed weapons permit form. Once the form has been filled out, it must be taken to the police department with a fee of $35.00 for a new permit or $20.00 for a renewal. The application will be processed and the applicant notified by telephone. The process takes approximately 30 days.

How do I report a complaint against an officer?
If you feel you have been treated unfairly or criminally by an officer you may file an Internal Affairs Complaint. Lt. John Kilbride is in charge of the Internal Affairs unit of the Falmouth Police Department. Should you feel you need to file a complaint, you may contact the department and you will receive a packet of information on the Internal Affairs process along with a complaint form. You may receive this by contacting Lt. Kilbride or the Administration Office. You may click here to view more information about this process.

How do I obtain my criminal record?
Individuals may request their own criminal records by sending a letter with their full name and date of birth.  There is a $25.00 fee for this service, payable to: Treasurer, State of Maine.  Be sure to enclose a self addressed return envelop.  This information may also be obtained over the Internet  at 

State Bureau of Identification
Maine State Police
45 Commerce Drive – Suite 1
State House Station 42
Augusta, Maine 04333

How do I obtain drivers record?
Individuals may request their own drivers record and history from the Department of Motor Vehicle by addressing the request to the following address.  You must send a letter with your full name and date of birth.  There is a $7.00 fee for this service payable to: Secretary of State.  Please be sure to include a self addressed return envelope.

Bureau of Motor Vehicles
Station #29
Augusta, Maine 04333-0029
Augusta, Maine 04333
Attn: Drivers Records

How do I obtain a permit for operating an uninspected motor vehicle?
You may obtain a permit to move an uninspected motor vehicle from the police department. A 3 day permit may be issued to you from the communications center to move an uninspected motor vehicle TO AN INSPECTION STATION ONLY.

Is there a parking ban in Falmouth?
Yes. November 15th - April 15th

How do I request a copy of a police report?
You may use this form here to request a police report. After submitting this form you will then need to pick up the report at the Falmouth Police Department, 2 Marshall Drive.


Virtual Towns & Schools Website