Skip Navigation
This table is used for column layout.
Welcome to the website for the town of Falmouth, Maine
Link for ResidentsLink for BusinessesLink for Online Services

On Our Site

Town of Falmouth, Maine
271 Falmouth Road
Falmouth, ME 04105
town@town.falmouth.me.us
(207) 781-5253

 
May 14 Agenda Item 3
Attachments:
Attachment NameAttachment SizeAttachment Date
Size: 735K
Last Updated: 2012/5/10
Size: 362K
Last Updated: 2012/5/10
Size: 73K
Last Updated: 2012/5/10
Size: 110K
Last Updated: 2012/5/9
Size: 189K
Last Updated: 2012/5/9
Subject:
Authorization of a public-private partnership cost sharing arrangement between the Town and OceanView to complete feasibility studies and pre-development work at the Plummer-Motz and Lunt school complex.  

ACTION: Council action is anticipated.
Summary:
In accordance with section 10 titled "Public Use Considerations" of the Purchase and Sale Agreement for the Plummer-Motz and Lunt school complex, the Town and OceanView have been exploring public-private partnership development opportunities at the Plummer-Motz School site.

These possibilities may include the relocation of the Falmouth Memorial Library and creation of a Community Recreation Center.
Several feasibility studies and pre-development work are required to determine if there are any viable civic re-use options. This work includes a Community Center Feasibility Study by Ballard-King & Associates and a Fundraising Feasibility Study by Demont Associates.

Town staff and OceanView have developed a comprehensive list of cost estimates for this work as well as a proposed cost share between the two parties. The proposal is that Town be responsible for the Ballard-King Community Center Feasibility Study and a portion of the other work for the Community Center work (which is approximately 35% of the total feasibility costs). OceanView would be responsible for the remainder (65% of the total feasibility study costs).

Town expenditures for this phase of the public-private partnership work is estimated to be $48,050. Approximately $100,000 is currently available in a Community Center Reserve Account.

The Council is asked to approve a resolution to spend up to $48,050 from the Town's Community Center Reserve Account; and authorize the Town Manager to sign an Addendum to the Purchase and Sales Agreement that formalizes the proposed cost sharing agreement.

Attached are:
  • Draft Cost Share Resolution
  • Letter from OceanView, dated May 10, 2012
  • Proposed Cost Share Summary
  • Proposed Menu of Services for Community Center Feasibility Study by Ballard King & Associates
  • Staff Recommended Scope of Services for Community Center Feasibility Study by Ballard King & Associates

 

Virtual Towns & Schools Website