Parks and Community Programs Advisory Committee
Meeting Minutes 4/16/13, 4 PM
Present: Lucky Dâ€™Ascanio, Janet Dye, Karen Jones, Dr. Dom
The minutes from February 19, 2013 were reviewed. Because there has not been a quorum at the last 2 meetings, both these minutes and the December 2012 minutes will be approved at the next meeting.
Parks Division Report â€“ Lucky Dâ€™Ascanio
- Transferred remaining kerosene heating to propane at both Mill Road & Village Park.
- Playground at Community Park is in and woodchips delivered.
- FLL fields are being worked on and FLL open day/field clean-up is 4/21.
- Graves Park playground/park is having fence replaced.
FCP Report â€“ Lucky Dâ€™Ascanio
- New brochure is out.
- Denise has been active in finding sponsors for summer concert series and trips for adults are being well attended.
- Some costs for programs went up to help balance reductions to the CP budget. CP will also be cutting printing costs with future brochures.
- Lucky received the MRPA Distinguished Professional of the Year Award.
- Parks and Community Programs Work Plan for 2013 reviewed and volunteer opportunities for committee will be added.
- Discussion on how this committee can further help support Parks and CP.
May 21, 2013 with be the Parks Tour in place of meeting.