Parks and Community Programs Advisory Committee
Meeting Minutes from 10/19/10
The meeting was called to order at 4:00
Present: Judy Currier , Lucky Dâ€™Ascanio, Janet Dye, Karen Jones, Jeff Mason, Bonnie Troubh, Faith Varney
The minutes from September 21, 2010 were approved.
Officially welcoming Judith Currier who was formally â€śsworn inâ€ť to Committee.
Ana Jacobs resigned from Committee.
Parks Division Report â€“ Jeff Mason
- Falmouth Fall Classic was successful and ran smoothly.
- High School Xcountry and Striders ran tournaments on fields.
- Legion Park drainage is complete.
- Little League is currently getting permits and bids for dug out.
- â€śBlue Monsterâ€ť is on hold.
- Walden Park ramp and float are out.
- Fall tennis is wrapping up and lights will go off soon.
FCP Update â€“ Lucky Dâ€™Ascanio
- Registration for winter/spring school athletics is open. The schools will send out information in principal notes. Heidi is spending extra time on Friday to input and reconcile Active Net checks.
- Winter/Spring brochure and proposals/courses are being finalized.
- The overnight trip to NY is popular â€“ 20 Falmouth adults have registered as well as 30 adults from other communities.
- National Parks and Rec Annual meeting (NRPA) will be next week in Minnesota. Lucky will be attending. The New England Rec. Council (NERC) will be represented at the meeting and is currently working on roles in disaster situations.
- Falmouth Parks & Public Spaces is on Falmouth Town site. The website will be unveiled at next Town Council meeting. It will include maps, trails, activities, parking and descriptions of properties. A folding color map from the Land Trust and Conservation group will be on sale by December 2010.
- Karen suggested larger/upgraded signs for properties and kiosks. Lucky reported that groups are currently working on grants that would support this.
- 300 acres have been added to the Falmouth conservation and land trusts over the last 5 years.
PACPAC Work plan â€“ Karen Jones
- Work plan updated
- New committee member needed to fill Anaâ€™s place.
- Falmouth Facilities Study Group. Judy reported updates and handed out a consultantâ€™s report on the Falmouth Memorial Library by Lolan Lushingont and a library space planning report by Jay K Lucker.
Next meeting scheduled for November 16, 2010