Parks and Community Programs Advisory Committee
Meeting Minutes from 9/21/10
The meeting was called to order at 4:05
Present: Judy Currier , Lucky Dâ€™Ascanio, Janet Dye, Karen Jones, Jeff Mason, Dominic Sette-Ducati, Bonnie Troubh,
The minutes from August 17, 2010 were approved.
Parks Division Report â€“ Jeff Mason
- Fall sports fields are dry.
- Walton Park ramps will be taken up in the next few weeks.
- Legion field drainage work is beginning this Friday.
- Request for bids for the volley ball court has gone out.
- Shared noise concerns from a Huston Park neighbor.
FCP Update â€“ Lucky Dâ€™Ascanio
- In line with Green practices, the Fall Community Programs Brochure was mailed only to a demographic of those age 55 and older as well as those who requested that they be mailed a brochure. All others accessed the brochure online or at locations around town including the schools, library, Hannafords, Shaws. Youth recreation programs and senior programs have good registration numbers. Striders and fall soccer are full. However, some adult programs currently have lower numbers.
- New programs will be highlighted in emails.
- The Winter/Spring brochure is currently being worked on.
- Pay to Play continues to run through Community Programs and Active Net smoothly.
Review of PACPAC Work plan â€“ Karen Jones
- Changes and updates made to current work plan including removal of CFPC reports, changing chair to Karen Jones, removing ice rink proposal.
- Review of membersâ€™ terms. Karen Jones, whose current term expires in 2010, re-committed for a 3 year term.
- Trail Maps are set to be release in December. The town has hired help with elevations and details on maps. The website is going through final revisions and is ready to launch.
- Dog owner responsibility laminated posters remain posted on sandwich boards.
Next meeting scheduled for October 19, 2010