Falmouth Community Programs Advisory Committee
Minutes for September 16, 2008
Attendees: Skip Varney, Lucky Dâ€™Ascanio, Faith Varney, Jack Davis, Diane Moore, Teresa Pierce, Karen Jones, Steven Tenney
- The minutes of the previous meeting were read and accepted.
- The Constitution of the Committee was unanimously accepted as clarified. Copies will be distributed at the next meeting.
- The Community Facilities Planning Committee has delayed their report until after the school vote next month when they will have a better idea what facilities are on the table for discussion. Oceanview has said that they would like to discuss a possible partnership with the Town regarding the current Elementary school complex if that becomes available. The committee seems to want to limit Oceanviewâ€™s further building in the wooded areas.
- Lucky informs us that total transactions for programming are at 28% online and rising. New programs are going well and there is a lot of activity with a lot of programs.
- Skip tells us that the Conservation Corps is working on developing some trails at the River Point Park as part of the growth of that area.
- There will be a Turkey dinner â€śEat for Heatâ€ť on October 7th at the Falmouth Congregational Church for a fund raising program to be split between the Food Pantry and the Fuel Assistance Fund.
- We briefly looked at our Mission Statement and realized that it hasnâ€™t been updated in many years. Lucky will update the basic information in the current statement and we will begin reviewing it at our next meeting.
- Next meeting is scheduled for 10/21/2008
The meeting was adjourned at 4:58 PM.