Skip Navigation
This table is used for column layout.
Welcome to the website for the town of Falmouth, Maine
Link for ResidentsLink for BusinessesLink for Online Services
Department Links

Town of Falmouth, Maine
271 Falmouth Road
Falmouth, ME 04105
(207) 781-5253

November 6th, 2012
General Election / Referendum



Absentee ballots can only be issued after this date due to extenuating circumstances (such as in-patients at a hospital). If you would like to cast your vote by absentee ballot for this election, you must contact the municipal clerk’s office of your town no later than November 1, 2012. Ballots can be mailed to you, picked up by an immediate family member or voted in person at your town office.

Polling Place:
Falmouth High School Gym (Polling hours are 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.)
74 Woodville Road
Falmouth, ME 04105

(Sample Ballots are at the bottom of this page)
NOVEMBER 6, 2012
General Election, Referendum  & Municipal Referendum

The General Election is held nationally on the first Tuesday following the first Monday in November. Maine voters will select their choice for President/Vice President (this process is called the ‚Äúpopular vote‚ÄĚ), and elect one of Maine‚Äôs two United States Senators, Maine‚Äôs Representatives to Congress, members of the Maine Legislature, and certain county officers. In addition, voters will be asked to vote on one citizen initiative and four bond questions
Each party’s nomination for President/Vice President of the United States, party candidates who are nominated as a result of the June Primary Election, and unenrolled candidates will appear on the General Election ballot.

Maine currently has three qualified parties:Democratic, Green Independent, and Republican. (Note: although some unenrolled candidates choose to designate themselves as ‚ÄúIndependent,‚ÄĚ there is no ‚ÄúIndependent‚ÄĚ party in Maine now).

Referendum Elections are held to provide Maine’s citizens an opportunity to vote on People’s Veto Referenda, Direct Initiatives of Legislation (i.e. Citizen Initiatives), Bond Issues, other referenda proposed by the Legislature, and Constitutional Amendments.Referendum elections are an important part of the heritage of public participation.
In their correct order, the questions that will appear on the State of Maine, November 6, 2012 Referendum ballot are as follows:

Question 1:   Citizen Initiative
Do you want to allow the State of Maine to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples?

                 Question 2:    Bond Issue
Do you favor an $11,300,000 bond issue to provide funds for capital to build a diagnostic facility for the University of Maine System; for capital improv ements and equipment, including machine tool technology, for the Maine Community College System; and for capital improvements and equipment at the Maine Maritime Academy?

Question 3:   Bond Issue
Do you favor a $5,000,000 bond issue to purchase land and conservation easements  
statewide from willing sellers for public land and water access, conservation, wildlife or fish habitat and outdoor recreation, including hunting and fishing and deer wintering areas, and to preserve working farmland and working waterfronts to be matched by at least $5,000,000 in private and public contributions?

Question 4:   Bond Issue
Do you favor a $51,500,000 bond issue for improvements to highways and bridges, local roads, airports and port facilities, as well as for funds for rail access, transit buses and the LifeFlight Foundation, which will make the State eligible for at least $105,600,000 in federal and other matching funds?

Question 5:    Bond Issue
Do you favor a $7,925,000 bond issue to be expended over 2 years for revolving loan funds for drinking water systems and for wastewater treatment facilities, which will make the State eligible to secure $39,625,000 in federal grants?

On November 6, 2012 the voters of Falmouth will have the opportunity to cast their vote on the following question:

Falmouth Municipal Referendum
Question 1:

Shall the ordinance entitled ‚ÄúOrdinance requiring the Falmouth Town Council to withdraw from the METRO services contract effective December 31, 2013‚ÄĚ be adopted?

General Election Information:
All Local, State & Federal Elections are administered and supervised by the Town Clerk.

The Annual Municipal Election is held on the second Tuesday of June. This election is for the purpose of electing Town Council and School Board members.

November elections are held the first Tuesday following the first Monday of the month.

Where do I register to vote?
You may register to vote at your town hall, through any Motor Vehicle branch office or at voter registration drives. Completed voter registration cards may be delivered by hand or mail to your town office. On election day you can register to vote at the polls. If you are registering to vote within two weeks of the election, you must show proof of residency.
You must be at least 17 years old and turn 18 years old before the next election to register to vote.

Absentee Ballots:
You may request an absentee ballot by contacting the Town Clerk's office.  Absentee ballots will be available 30 days prior to the election. Click here for detailed information on how to vote by absentee.

Contact information:
Democratic Party: Pam Fenrich, 797-4571
Republican Party:  William Gardiner

Political Signs:
To download the rules for political sign postings prior to an election, please click here

District Information:
Falmouth is divided into two seperate districts. District 112 and District 113.
Click on this link to view a copy of the Voting Districts Map.  Please remember, if you move within the town please contact the Town Clerk's office to notify us of your new address.

If you have questions about voting, or your voting district  please contact
the Town Clerk's Office at (207) 781-5253.

Sample Ballots
November 6th, 2012 Election
Election Results
November 6th, 2012 Election

Virtual Towns & Schools Website